Application Deadline: 15/12/2015 before 15:00h (Spanish time)
Ref: (please check each positions’s individual reference code)
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Pre-doctoral candidates to apply for the 2015 of the “Ayudas para la Formación de Pofesorado Universitario (FPU)” from the Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte (MECD).(FPU-2015).
General Requirements for all Candidates:
- BSc and/or MSc with a total sum of at least 300 ECTS (or equivalent) that allows to enroll in a doctoral program.
- The Master must be obtained in 2012 or after.
- Excellent academic record (>7.5 (BSc) >8.5 (MSc) for 1-10 system).
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Not being a recipient of another Pre-doctoral grant from the Spanish government or, in any case, not having a Pre-doctoral contract with any institution for more than one year.
- Any participation in research projects and/or co-authorship in publications will be considered as a valuable contribution.
- In agreement on European reference languages framework, the candidates who are not Spanish native speakers has to prove an official Spanish B2 level. The candidates that had course worked their BSc or MSc in Spanish will have the Spanish level required.
Details of the Grants:
These grants consist in a Pre-doctoral contract with a maximum duration of 4 years and a salary of 16.422 € (gross/year).
Mobility Stage (“Estancias Breves”):
Each grant includes the possibility to apply for an extra mobility income for a stage in another R&D center from 2 to 4 months, including travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as medical and accident insurance complementary expenses.
Application and Selection Process:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and full academic record including the weighted average mark to: email@example.com before 15/12/2015 at 15:00h (Spanish time).
After receiving the candidacies from the MINECO, the selection committee of IBEC will evaluate and decide, solely on the basis of eligibility and scientific potential, the successful candidates.
The selected candidates will then have to apply to the PhD call. Please keep in mind that these are competitive calls that require certain paperwork to be done by the candidate. IBEC will provide administrative support to the selected candidates, but the final resolution for each call will only depend on the responsible institution (Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports).
Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality scientific environment are welcome to apply.
- Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies (Ref. FPU-EE)
- Biomimetic systems for cell engineering (Ref. FPU-EM)
- Molecular and cellular neurobiotechnology (Ref. FPU-JR)
- Nanoscopy of Nanomedicine (Ref. FPU-LA)
- Nanoprobes and Nanoswitches (Ref. FPU-PG)
Full call from the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (MECD): http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2015/11/27/pdfs/BOE-A-2015-12849.pdf