Application Deadline: 25/10/2018
The Signal and information processing for sensing systems group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Early Stage Researchers (PhD students) to develop his/her PhD thesis project on the development of data processing for chemical instrumentation in the field of biomedical applications: metabolomic analysis
Interested candidates must apply to the following grants and should fulfill the conditions of the grant and the conditions to register at the PhD programme in a catalan . The contract will be within the framework of:
- APIF fellowship from UB (ajuts de personal investigador predoctoral en formació per a alumnes de tercer cicle de la Universitat de Barcelona);
- and the FI (AGAUR) fellowship.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
· Programming of new workflows for automated data analysis
· Algorithmic optimization.
· Interpretation of results
Requirements for candidates:
- Multidisciplinary qualifications: Biomedical Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunications Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics.
- Programming in MATLAB, R and Python.
- Experience in chemical instrumentation will be valued.
- Knowledge of design experiments will be valued.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 2
- Starting date: April 1st 2019
- Working conditions with IBEC conditions:
- Full time 3-year contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
- How to apply:
Interested applicants for APIF (UB) grant:
1/ should send his/her cv and a cover letter to email@example.com before 25/10/2018.
2/ Interested applicants for APIF (UB) grant should fulfil the conditions of the grant and the conditions to register at the PhD programme. See details at the following link:
Interested applicants for FI-AGAUR grant:
1/ should send his/her cv and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15/10/2018.
2/Interested applicants for the FI (AGAUR) grant should apply directly before 15/10/2018 at the following link:
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles.
Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu