Application Deadline: 29/02/2020
The Signal and information processing for sensing systems group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Early Stage Researcher willing to get introduced to the computational challenges related to complex omics data. The contract will be in the framework of the industrial project ‘Computational Metabolomics’ funded by Nestle Research.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Development and optimization of workflows for NMR tailored to urine data
- Development and optimization of workflows for LC-MS data
- Application of statistical methods for the co-integration of diverse omics data.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree or Master on Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or Statistics
- Previous exposure to Signal Processing or Machine Learning is a big plus.
- Previous knowledge of R programming is required.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Excellent academic records.
- Number of available positions:1
- Starting date: middle March 2020
- Working conditions:
- Temporary full time contract until July 2021. Willingness to extend the research period by applying to competitive PhD grants
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 29/02/2020 (Reference: RA-SM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu