Application Deadline: 31/01/2020
We are looking for an Executive and Administrative Assistant who has extensive experience to provide executive support to the Director of the Institute. The Director of IBEC carries out multidisciplinary activities, both at the level of research and management of the Institute. It has an international agenda, relating to other Research Centers, Universities, Industry, Hospitals and Governing Bodies, both nationally and internationally. He leads different committees inside and outside IBEC. He has an intense travel schedule, participating as a speaker and as a member of several scientific assessment committees
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As the Director’s Executive and Administrative Assistant you will play a critical role in the overall support and management assistance to IBEC’s Director.
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Manage and coordinate Emails and Agenda of the Director.
– Coordinate and manage his travels, developing complex, detailed and organized travel itineraries as well as compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
– Create and prepare confidential correspondence.
– Plan, coordinate, and ensure the executive schedule is followed & respected.
– Provide a “gatekeeper” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Director time.
– Give support in the preparation of presentations and strategic documents.
– Work closely and in collaboration with the other IBEC Support Units, as well as with different Organizations, Institutions and Universities, both nationally and internationally.
– Manage the organization and protocol of the Board of Trustees, Delegated committees and the International Scientific Committee.
– Administrative management: registration and archive of internal and official documents.
– Coordinate, maintain and purchase of office and administration materials for the central office.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree in Administration (preferably).
- Ideally 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position or supporting Principal Investigators.
- Outlook and Microsoft Office advanced user.
- Full command in Spanish, Catalan and English.
- Competencies: Communication, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills, teamwork, confidentiality, creativity to find unique solutions and ability to implement them.
- Experience with Protocol
- Knowlwege of public research catalan system.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 1st, 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time temporary contract.
- One-year contract, due to maternity leave.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 31/01/2020 (Reference: EAA_JS).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu