Application Deadline: 14/02/2020
We are looking for a Funding Technician who will play a critical role in the overall post-award support and project administrative management to Projects office.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Support researchers in research project applications and throughout the project’s life (administrative support, advice and review of documentation).
– Monitoring and economic R&D project justification: EU (H2020), national (MINECO, ISCIII), regional (AGAUR, ACCIÓ), private foundations (AECC, F.Areces, etc.), and RRHH fellowships (FPI, FPU, FI, Juan de la Cierva, etc.).
– Search for funding information in the calls of national and international organizations.
– Administrative management: registration and archive of internal and official documents.
Requirements for candidates:
- Previous experience in a similar position (at least 1-2 years).
- Financial and/or administrative studies (preferably).
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office.
- Full command in Spanish, Catalan
- Intermediate level of English.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with SAP
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish)
- Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 1st
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract, until 31/12/2020 with possibilities for extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 07/02/2020 (Reference: FT_JA).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu