Application Deadline: 31/01/2019
The Human Resources Unit is looking for a HR Technician to support the Unit in strategic and administrative functions and to support our staff.
The aim of the Human Resources Unit is to support IBEC’s mission through delivering high-level services throughout the organisation.
The HR Unit deals with all issues related to the employee life cycle: recruitment and selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, payroll, compensation and benefits, health and safety, employee and student visa, induction and leave management. The HR Unit provides a high quality, efficient, accurate and timely HR service to all stakeholders and effectively implements all HR policies.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Create reports for HR management
- Maintain and feed HR database
- Management of internship agreements and visiting researchers, both national and international
- Provide personalized support to students
- Manage publicly funded training
- Induction and Welcome process for newcomers
- Support the HR Unit in administrative functions
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum two years’ experience in an HR Department with general understanding of HR processes and policies.
- Experience in managing HR Reporting and Database.
- Excel advanced user.
- Full command in Spanish and Catalan. Fluent in English.
- Passion to work with people, strong planning and organizational skills, communication, teamwork, adaptability and proactivity.
- Postgraduate or Master in HR.
- Knowledge in SAP.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 2019
- Working conditions:
Part timetemporary contract for 6-7 months.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/01/2019 (Reference: HRT_CM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu