Application Deadline: 25/03/2020
In the framework of the Severo Ochoa, the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is launching the fourth International PhD Programme 2020, 5 fellowships will be offered funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, through the ‘Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores’ 2020-call.
Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality scientific environment are welcome to apply.
Requirements for candidates:
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in October 2020 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master’s degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at master’s level.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the MSc or 5 years following the end of the BSc at the time of deadline (March 16th, 2020).
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must not have held a PhD contract exceeding twelve months in October 2020.
- Candidates must not have held any fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness for the development of a PhD thesis at the time of deadline (March 16th, 2020).
- February 12th, 2020: Launch of the call
- March 25th, 2020: Deadline for submission of applications
- April 7th , 2020: Check of eligibility Criteria
- April 8th–April 27th, 2020: Evaluation of the candidates’ CVs
- May 4th –May 5th, 2020: Communication of results of the evaluation of the candidates’ CVs. Invitation of shortlisted candidates for an online interview.
- May 6th–May 15th, 2020: shortlisted candidates will be asked to contact the IBEC supervisors and get to know their research and PhD project.
- May 18th–20th, 2020: Shortlisted candidates will present a final ranked list of their preferred PhD research projects and supervisors.
- May 21th–22th, 2020: Online interviews with the selection committee.
- May 25th–29th, 2020: Publication of final list of selected candidates. Letter of acceptance to be signed by candidates.
- From November, 2020: start of the research assistant contract.
HOW TO APPLY
From 12th February until 16th March 2020, an online application form will be available here.
You can find here the complete call here.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (The Charter & Code).
In 2015, IBEC gained the HR Excellence in Research Award in recognition of our ongoing commitment. At the mid-term evaluation in 2017, IBEC was successful in retaining the award.
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.