Application Deadline: 29/02/2020
Ref: ICREA 2020
The Institució Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avançats (ICREA) has opened 10 senior research positions for 2020 in the areas of Life & Medical Sciences, Humanities and Social & Behavioural Sciences.
IBEC encourage candidates to apply to this call and will support outstanding candidacies for the area of Life & Medical Sciences.
ICREA researchers are required to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and to have a strong impact in the Catalan research system by becoming fully involved, active members of the Catalan research community.
Requirements for candidates:
- A Ph.D. degree obtained preferably before 2016.
- Relevant multinational exposure at pre-doctoral and/or post-doctoral level.
- Expansive phase of academic career, with an outstanding research record and leadership. Applications from women are especially welcome
- ICREA positions are not compatible with permanent positions outside the Catalan research system (not even part-time).
- The call is open to all scholars worldwide who, on the 12th March 2018 (24 months prior to the deadline of this call), were not yet holding a permanent position in the Catalan research system.
- Permanent contract with ICREA to work at universities or research centres in Catalonia no later than September 2021.
- Salaries are in line with those at Catalan universities. ICREA research professors are subject to an evaluation of their research progress and general performance after the first three-year period and, subsequently, every five years.
How to apply:
In order to apply, candidates need to have the support of the Catalan research institution where they will carry out their research activities.
Interested applicants to apply for an ICREA position at IBEC should send a letter of expression of interest and CV to email@example.com before 29/02/2020 (Reference: ICREA 2020).
An ad-hoc selection committee will evaluate all candidacies and decide which ones IBEC will support.
Then, the application must be submitted electronically via ICREA website https://www.icrea.cat/en/calls before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Thursday, 12 March 2020. Please note that no applications can be submitted after the deadline.