Application Deadline: 15/12/2018
The Biosensors for bioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) lead by Dr. Javier Ramon is looking for a Laboratory Assistant .
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Support to the development and implementation of new ELISA assays
• Support to the Implementation of protocols of surface functionalization
• Collaborate to the development of novel integrated biosensors
Requirements for candidates:
• Degree in Biotechnology or ending the 4rth course in similar file
• Previous experience in ELISA assays
• Experience with electrochemical biosensors
• Hight level of english
• High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
• Excellent team working and communication skills
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: January 1st, 2018
• Working conditions:
o Full time temporal contract. Very competitive salary.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 15/12/2018 (Reference: LA-JRA).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu