Application Deadline: 31/12/2018
The Integrative cell and tissue dyamics group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Laboratory Technician candidate to participate on the development of a traction microscopy in three-dimensional epithelia. The contract will be within the framework of ERC project TensionControl, whose objective is to provide a multiscale understanding of tension regulation within epithelial cell monolayers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Measurement of cell mechanics in folded epithelia
• Development of lab-on-chip devices
• Image acquisition, processing and segmentation.
Requirements for candidates:
• Degree and Master on any field on Physics/Engineering
• Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Math’s, Physics/Engineering, etc.) and/or knowledge on Nanotechnology (specifically on Optical Tweezers will be a plus).
• Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Colegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
• High level of English
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: 16/01/2019
• Working conditions:
• Full time contract. Very competitive salary.
• Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/12/2018 (Reference: LT-XT).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu