Application Deadline: 11/03/2019
The Molecular Bionics group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Junior Laboratory Technician Technician to support the research lines of the biology section of the team, as well as to contribute in the administrative part of the projects
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Basic biological laboratory procedures based on the specifications provided by the researchers. This includes: cell culture/maintenance and basic biological assays (g., viability, immunostainings, ELISA).
- Maintenance of technical infrastructures related to the biology lab, including regular lab and instruments cleaning, reporting machine or equipment failure.
- Support to researcher’s development of experimental configurations.
- Keep track over the respect of the safety laboratory procedures and reporting potential infringement of the safety rules.
- Managing the laboratory daily routine and keep control over the correct storing of chemical and reagents.
- To liaise with external laboratory suppliers to ask for quotations (for both chemicals and small equipment), and to place orders for the group.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master in Biology / Biotechnology / Medicinal Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (and/or knowledge on software like ImageJ will be a plus).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: May 1st 2019
- Working conditions:
- Full time 3-year contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 11/03/2019 (Reference: LT-GB).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu