Application Deadline: 15/12/2019
The Biosensors for Bioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Pre-doctoral Researcher in order to work in the project BENCHTOP NMR FOR LAB-ON-CHIP (BLOC), FET open. This position will be funded by H2020 European Union programme.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Development and manipulation of a benchtop NMR for the study of metabolism in cells and tissue
- Development and implementation of carbon-13 hyperpolarization methods
- Collaborate in the development of novel microfluidic platforms to be studied with NMR
Requirements for candidates:
- BSc/MSc in engineering, physics or chemistry
- Previous experience in magnetic resonance hardware and other NMR areas
- Previous experience in X-nuclei NMR
- Previous experience in chemical reactions monitoring using NMR
- Fluency in English
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: January 2020
- Full time employment contract
- Three years contract (potential fourth year upon funding availability)
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 15/12/2019 (Reference: PhD_JR).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu