Application Deadline: 15/07/2019
The Biomimetic systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral Researcher to work in the frame of a european project.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Produce advanced engineered tissue models by employing new bioinks and 3D ligth-based novel bioprinting techniques.
Requirements for candidates:
• PhD in Materials Science, Biomaterials or Chemistry
• Previous experience in the synthesis and/or modification of polymeric biomaterials and their characterization is required.
• Previous experience in cell culture on/within hydrogels, bioprinting procedures, microscopy, immunostaining and histology will be valued.
• It is expected that the candidate will apply for competitive funding grant schemes during the contract.
• High level of English
• General competences for all Research positions: Integrity, critical and analytical thinking
• Specific competences for the role: autonomy, adaptability to change, time management, mentoring, knowledge innovation.
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Experience of multi-disciplinary working
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: September 2019
• Working conditions:
o Full 1-year temporary contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 15/07/2019 (Reference: PD-EM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
IBEC aims for a representative gender balance at all levels of staff, so we strongly encourage women to apply. At least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview will be women.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu