Application Deadline: 15/12/2015
The Nanobioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) , coordinated by Prof. Josep Samitier, is looking for a Postdoctoral position to participate iin organ chip Technology projects that can mimic various human internal organs or systems. The main activities of the group involve the surface functionalization of materials integrated with microfluidics systems for the study of biomolecule and cell interactions to develop Organ on Chip or for the development of new biosensors that will be integrated in lab-on-a-chip devices. The goal is to fabricate microsystems containing living cells that recapitulate tissue and organ level functions in vitro and new portable diagnosis devices that can be used as Point-of-Care systems.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Development of organ on chips systems for mechanical analysis of anaemia.
– Development of microfluidics systems to detect cancer cells and/or neurological applications.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in Engineering in advanced technologies.
– Previous experience on laboratory research is highly recommended.
– Previous experience up to two years of Postdoctoral experience in Biomechanics and Microfluidics will be an asset.
– High level of English and good communication skills.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
-One year contract with possibility to extend for one more year.
-Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
-Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 15/12/2015 (Reference: PN-JS).