Application Deadline: 30/04/2018
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral candidates to apply for the 2018 call of the The Programme in Bioengineering Excellence Scientific Training (BEST) that aims to attract experienced international researchers in the areas of Nanomedicine, Cell Engineering and ICT for Health, the three research flagships at IBEC. The BEST Postdoctoral Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship sheme part funded by the European Comission under Horizon 2020’s Marie Curie Sklodowska-Curie Actions COFUND scheme (GA 712754) and the Severo Ochoa programme of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Competitiveness (SEV-2014-0425 (2015-2019)).
Conditions of employment:
– 2 year labour contract for the performance of a research project.
– 32.572 € yearly gross salary with full security coverage, which includes health and accident insurance, pension and unemployment benefits.
– Annual Family allowance: 1.817 € for fellow with family obligations.
– Additionally, 9.600€ have been allocated for research & training activities.
– Yearly 23 working days of paid holidays and 9 leave days for personal matters.
Requirements for candidates:
– Candidates must have been awarded a PhD degree prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd 2018).
– Candidates are eligible for a period of 5 years following the award of the PhD degree prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd 2018). This limit will be extended in situations of documented career breaks.
– Candidates of all nationalities are eligible. However, if they have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates, they are not eligible. Please note that that for refugees under the Geneva Convention, the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as ‘period of residence/activity’ in Spain.
– Candidates must be first author on at least one peer-reviewed publication.
– Candidates must have an excellent command of the English language.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
USEFUL DATES 2018
Call opens: 1st February
Deadline for applications: 30th April 2018
Selection process: 1st May to 31st July 2018
Publication of results: 3rd September 2018
Start dates for selected fellows: 1st October to 31st December 2018
For more information about our BEST programme please check our web site http://postdocs.ibecbarcelona.eu
Interested applicants should fill the application form https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu before April, 30th 2018.