Application Deadline: 28/09/2018
The Protein phase transitions in health and disease group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– build large mutational libraries
– perform selection assays in S. Cerevisiae
– protein expression and purification
– in vitro protein characterization
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in biochemistry/ biophysics
– Experience in protein expression and purification ( preferably membrane proteins or disordered proteins)
– Experience in biophysical techniques (CD, Fluorescence Spectroscopy, DLS, AFM)
– Analytical and critical thinking, ambitious, high ethics and integrity; must work well both within a team and independently.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including English.
– Competencies : communication skills, project planning and delivery, career management, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
– One year contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 28/09/2018 (Reference: PD-BB).