Application Deadline: 17/08/2018
The Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems (SPECS) group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate in order to work in Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Computational modeling of the hippocampal-cortical system
– Performance of experiments on intracranial human patients with emphasis on memory and the temporal lobe
– Analysis of the obtained neurophysiological data looking at a range of dynamical measures
– To design and conduct research regarding one or (preferably) several of the topics described above.
– To engage in collaborations, recording and reporting, and publications/scientific communications derived from the work.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD on any scientific discipline related to the topics described above.
– A solid track record of scholarly research with demonstrated experience in the described topics.
– Analytical and critical thinking, ambitious, high ethics and integrity; must work well both within a team and independently.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including English.
– Competencies : communication skills, project planning and delivery, career management, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
– Temporaly contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com, before 17/08/2018 (Reference: PD2-PV).