Data límit: 05/03/2020
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research . We have an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Project Manager in Research to join our Projects Office in Barcelona.
His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of the research lines assigned, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
This position is supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness within the “Acciones de dinamización Europa Redes y Gestores” and/or Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence Initiative.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
– Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
– Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
– Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
– Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (HR, Funding Services, Finance, Tech Transfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
– Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinary.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in engineering, computer disciplines, physics or experimental sciences.
- Minimum one-year experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (FP7, H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
- Previous experience working with international collaborators.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: End of March 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract with possibilities for extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 05/03/2020 (Reference: PMR_JA).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu