Data límit: NEW 25/04/2019
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Project Manager of the Strategic Initiatives Unit. The Strategic Initiatives unit provides strategic advice and support to the Director in the deployment of the Strategic Plan of IBEC. Among others, the unit fosters and coordinates (a) institutional and strategic projects and alliances such as Severo Ochoa, BIST, EIT Health and institutional networks as the NanoMed Spain, (b) international alliances and partnerships, and (c) the scientific activities of the institute.
The contract will be funded by the Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Strategic Initiatives
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support in the coordination of strategic projects, including design, implementation and management.
- Identify opportunities, foster and manage international alliances and partnerships
- Support in the coordination and organization of the institutional scientific activities and events of the Institute:
Requirements for candidates:
- Experience in preparation and management of competitive projects at institutional level as well as in management of networks and alliances
- PhD in experimental sciences, engineering or life sciences will be a plus
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Colegiality, Integrity, Autonomy, Ability to multitask and prioritize, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Availability to travel
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: May 2019
- Working conditions:
- Full time 3-year contract with possibilities of extension. Salary will be commensurate with previous experience
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 25/4/2019 (Reference: PMSI_TS).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu