Application Deadline: 20/12/2018
The Finance Unit is looking for a Procurement Specialist to assure that the Official Tenders of the Research Center are completed with efficiency, accurately an in a timely manner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Taking over the Public Procurement and the Official Tenders of the Research Center.
• Preparing the Tender Documents according to the Public Procurements Law and publication in the Contractor’s Profile and other official bulletins.
• Advising and collaborating with Research Group and Support Units to prepare technical documentation.
• Carrying out the necessary administrative duties (including the Expert Committee).
• Storing and custody documents related to tenders in a paper or electronic filing system.
• Attention and information to bidding companies.
• Supporting the Finance Unit with projects and tasks when required.
Requirements for candidates:
• University degree in Law, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Minimum two years’ experience in Public Procurements and Official Tenders in entities of the Public Sector.
• Knowledge and management of the Public Procurements Services Platform of the Catalan Government and the public register of contracts.
• Native level in Catalan. Excellent English.
• Strong planning and organizational skills, communication, teamwork and proactivity.
• Knowledge in digital envelope 2.0 and telematics procedures of the Platform PSCP.
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: January 2019
• Working conditions:
o Part time temporary contract (25 h/week) with option to extend to full time in mind-term.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• Professional development opportunities: IBEC offers an extensive Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills.
• Salary according to the institutional salary scales.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20/12/2018 (Reference: PS-FIN).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu