Data límit: 29/01/2021
The Finance Unit (IBEC) is looking for a Purchasing Technician The Purchasing Department is integrated in the Finance Unit of IBEC and its aim is to handle of all goods and services that are needed in our Institute in accordance with the Public Sector Contract Law.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As Purchasing technician, you are responsible for managing the purchase and follow the procurements signed, selecting the best option on the basis of quality service and price, as well as guaranteeing the level of service provided by the products assigned and helping to draw up the budget.
Your functions and responsibilities will consist of:
- Control of the entire purchasing
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Manage tracking and monitoring of purchase orders to ensure delivery times
- Organization and monitoring of existing tenders
- Analysis of data related to purchases, through data exported from ERP
Requirements for candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, Economics or equivalent
- Three to five years of purchasing experience
- Previous experience with procurements and Public Sector Contract Law (LCSP 9/2017)
- Experience with SAP Business One
- High level of English
- Competences and skills: Communication, planning, organization, teamwork, analytical capacity, pro activity, flexibility and adaptation to changes
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 15th 2021.
- Working conditions:
- Full time, fixed-term contract.
- Salary will be commensurate with previous experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu