Application Deadline: 22/10/2018
The Pluripotentency for organ regeneration at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to support a current project on the generation of novel approaches for kidney regeneration and differentiation..
Introduction to the vacant position:
The contract will be within the framework of the project “How to regenerate the mammalian kidney”, whose objective is the development of in vitro models of renal tissue that can be used in basic research, disease modelling and regenerative medicine. The final application of this knowledge would serve for the implementation of these innovative approaches for kidney healing in vivo.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Derivation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) with transgene-free approaches (i.e., sendai virus or episomal vectors).
- Culture and expansion of human pluripotent stem cells (including human iPSCs and human embryonic stem cells) for further applications in genome editing and differentiation.
- Molecular characterization of genome edited human pluripotent stem cells
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree in Biotechnology, Biology or Biomedicine
- Expertise in human pluripotent stem cells culture and genome editing would be positively evaluated
- Previous training in molecular biology is a must (PCR and Southern genotyping and cloning)
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: November 1st, 2018
- Working conditions:
- Full-time temporal contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalog in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 22/10/2018 (Reference: RA-NM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu