Application Deadline: 25/08/2020
The nanodevices group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to join the working group of nanomotors working alongside the rest of the team in highly multidisciplinary projects in the line of research.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Cell culture and maintenance of human and animal cell lines.
- Synthesis of nanomotors -enzyme coated nanoparticles-
- Post-processing and data analysis of motion, cell internalization of nanomotors in 3D tissues
- Nanotoxicity assays, cell internalization studies, tracking of nanomotors
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and/or Master on an experimental field, preferably related to Biology or Health-related Sciences.
- Proficiency in cell culture techniques (cell line maintenance)
- Biological characterization techniques, like optical microscopy (including confocal microscopy) and experience with immunostainings or PCR
- Programming and analytical skills are a plus.
- Academic research perspective: the candidate shall intend to pursue his/her PhD after the contract.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/09/2020
- Working conditions: Temporary part-time contract
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 25/08/2020 (Reference: RA-SS.3).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu