Application Deadline: 12/12/2019
The Translational Pulmonary Fibroblast Mechanobiology Group of Dr Jordi Alcaraz is looking for a Research Assistant to study the aberrant fibroblast phenotypes of lung cancer patients, with the ultimate goal to identify new therapeutic targets, resistance mechanisms to current therapies and/or biomarkers.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Angiogenesis assays in vitro
- Transendothelial migration/invasion assays in vitro
- Cell culture and maintenance of stromal cells, including endothelial cells and fibroblasts
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on Biology or Health-related Sciences
- Proficient in molecular and cell biology techniques (optical microscopy, including confocal microscopy, is a plus)
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1/1/2020
- Working conditions:
- 1 year part-time employment contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Introduction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 12/12/2019 (Reference: RA-JA).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu