Application Deadline: 20/08/2018
The Phase Transitions in Health and Disease joint Group is looking for a Research Assistant to develop a project in Mutagenesis of a prion-like domain.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Building a large mutational library
- Performing selection assays in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on Biomedical Sciences
- Laboratory experience in microbiology, genetic engineering, immunostaining, PCR, flow cytometry, confocal fluorescence microscopy, cell culture
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking; Resilience, Openness, Continuous learning
- High level of English
- Computer literacy and responsibilities skills (R programming)
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 16th of September – October 1st, 2018
- Working conditions:
- Full-time temporary contract. Competitive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC Training catalog in technical and transferable skills, mobility grants, seminars and Ph.D. discussions
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and two references contact to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20/08/2018 (Reference: RA-BB).
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles.
Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.