Application Deadline: 14/10/2019
The Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems (SPECS) group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a 3 Early Stage Researchers (Research Assistants) that want to continue toward a PhD track and contribute to SPECS’s research whose objectives are to uncover neural and behavioral mechanisms underlying brain changes taking place in health and disease as well as in artificial behaving systems. The contracts will be within the framework of the following Eu projects: Virtual Brain Cloud, RGS@home and HR-Recycler.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidates will develop research involving:
Position 1 (Ref. RA1-PV)
- Brain Computational modeling initially focused in the hippocampus.
- The understanding of brain mechanism underlying memory and spatial learning.
Position 2 (Ref. RA2-PV)
- Human robot interaction
- The understanding of brain mechanism underlying learning, decision making and behavior.
Position 3 (Ref. RA3-PV)
- Clinical testing and modeling of novel neurorehabilitation solutions after stroke
- The understanding of brain mechanism underlying motor learning, before and after stroke
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on Neuroscience, Computational Neuroscience, Neurorehabilitation, Robotics.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications Neuroscience, Psychology, Imaging, Modeling, Statistics etc. and knowledge on Robotics, Neurorehabilitation, Virtual Reality, Game Engine (specifically gamification for health will be a plus).
- Competencies and skills: Modeling, Programming, Data analysis, Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 3 RA
- Starting date: 16 October 2019
- Working conditions:
- A 3 months-probation contract, to be extended to 1-year contract Full time. Very competitive salary.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th of October (Reference: RA1-PV, RA2-PV, RA3-PV).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu