Application Deadline: 21/05/2018
The Nanobioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Pre-doctoral Researcher to work in the project “Personalizing pediatric cancer treatment with kinome analyses, cell-based functional assays and microfluidics”. The goal of this translational PhD thesis is to combine cell-based functional analyses of cancer cells to better understand what are the main signaling pathways ensuring pediatric tumors´ survival and find new treatments to eradicate them.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out essential research functions in the laboratory that include but are not limited to: cell culture, microfluidics, molecular biology techniques, flow cytometry experiments and microscopy studies
- Make presentations at lab meetings as well as write up methods and materials, results, figure legends for grant proposals, progress reports and manuscripts
- To have the initiative of proposing new ideas and solutions
Requirements for candidates
- Master Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or similar desired. Minimum of 300 credits ECTS, 60 of which from Master to be admitted in a Doctoral program
- High level of English and Spanish and/or Catalan requested
- Experience in molecular biology and/or microfluidic devices desired
- To develop a high qualitative level doctoral thesis, being able to rise the scientific interest, within the timeframe and under the Group Leader supervision
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- PhD contract of 3 years
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
- Salary in agreement with IBEC PhD grants
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 21/05/2018 (Reference: PH-JS).