Application Deadline: 30/06/2020
The Bioengineering in Reproductive Health Group offers a lab technician position for an experienced cell culture technician to develop a project in collaboration with the industry. The project involves testing the effects of different cell culture supplements on several cell types (e.g. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells, CAR T Cells, etc.)
Our laboratory is a multidisciplinary environment where biologists, biophysicists, clinicians and business developers synergize to create a unique environment shaped by science and entrepreneurship. Due to the high translational component of our research, we have established collaboration contracts with the pharma industry, hospitals and venture capital to bring our technology to the clinics and the market.
In our lab, we develop high-tech projects in the fields of embryology, cell biology and imaging. Our strategy involves the development of new products for the pharmaceutical industry. The current position seeks a motivated cell culture technician with experience in diverse cell culture systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Isolation of cells from tissues and primary cell culture
- Advanced Cell culture (expansion, characterization, functional assays, potency assays, etc.)
- Media formulation (stem cell differentiation, cell expansion)
- Basic microscopy
- Basic flow cytometry
- Management and administration of stocks
Requirements for candidates:
- Hold a BSc or a Certificate in Higher Education in Science
- Proficient at cell culture
- At least 3 years of experience of relevant laboratory experience
- Organized, proactive, dynamic and team-oriented person
- Good level of English
- Previous experience in Mesenchymal Stromal Cells culture
- Previous experience working in GLP conditions
- Molecular biology skills (PCR, cloning, etc.)
- 2 year contract with the possibility of renewal
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research environment.
- Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
- Starting date: Immediate incorporation
- Working conditions:
- Full time 2-year contract. Competitive salary based on experience.
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organizes seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 30/06/2020 (Reference: LT-SO).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu