Data límit: 20/11/2020
The Human Resources Unit (IBEC) is looking for a HR Talent Management Officer to carry out strategic and administrative HR functions, design and implement Talent Management initiatives and to support our scientific and administrative staff.
Introduction to the vacant position:
The aim of the HR Unit is to reinforce IBEC’s mission through delivering high-level services throughout the organization.
The HR Unit deals with all issues related to the employee life cycle: recruitment and selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, compensation and benefits, health and safety, employee and student visa, onboarding and leave management.
Our Unit provides a high quality, efficient, accurate and timely HR service to all stakeholders and effectively implements HR policies.
Our Unit leads strategic projects such as the Human Resources Strategy for researchers (HRS4R) in line with the Principles of the Charter and Code of the European Commission, and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Plan.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As an HR Talent Management Officer you will have a core role in the HR strategic projects : you will focus in attract, retain and develop talent for our Institute; and you will manage various research groups to support their members during their employee life cycle and to provide them with our HR services.
You will be in charge of:
- Implement of all types of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Contribute with new ideas and solutions aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes. Providing strategic vision to the Unit.
- Provide first-line HR support to different research groups (supervisors, employees and students) in everything that has to do with their employee life cycle: selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, compensation and benefits, employee visa, onboarding and leave management.
- Recruitment and Selection of the research groups: organize, manage and disseminate job advertisements and maintain our Job portal; Interview as HR member in the recruitment committees.
- Contribute to the coordination of International Programs for attracting new talent.
- Support the Head of the Unit in other administration functions related to development of policies.
- Contribution in the implementation of the actions included in the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers and the renewal of its Award; different HR projects within the Severo Ochoa award; Suggestion Box; Wellbeing program and Gender and Diversity Plan.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree in Psychology.
- Postgraduate or Master in Human Resources.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an HR Department with general understanding of HR processes and policies in an international context.
- 5 years experience in managing selection and attraction and career development processes.
- Full command in Spanish and English.
- Key user in SAP-Business One.
- Excel advanced user and used to work with HR metrics.
- Passion to work with people and talent management.
- Competencies: Communication, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills, teamwork, creativity to find unique solutions.
- Experience in an HR Department in a Research Center.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time, open ended contract (according to public replacement rate of State budget Law).
- Salary will be commensurate with previous experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu