Application Deadline: 31/08/2019
The Integrative cell and tissue dyamics group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Laboratory Assistant to participate to a multidisciplinary research in the field of cancer disease. The aim of this work will focus on understanding the mechanical interaction between tumor/stromal that drive tumor spreading. The candidate will conduct experiment using diverse approaches such as: Cell culture, micro-fabrication techniques, traction force microscopy, live fluorescent microscopy and image analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Cell culture: primary cells and cell lines (cancer cells, fibroblast…)
- Cell biology techniques: Immunostaining, western blot.
- Microfabrication technique (Microfluidic devices fabrication)
- Traction Force microscopy technique (substrate fabrication, cell culture, microscopy acquisition and data analysis).
- Live cell microscopy imaging.
Requirements for candidates:
- The applicant must have a good knowledge in cell biology approaches (cell culture, immunostaining) and also basic knowledge in microscopy techniques.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Biology/Engineering, Physics applied for living matter etc.) and/or knowledge on Microscopies will be a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Colegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Laboratory assistant contract of 1 year and 7 months.
- Competitive salary
- Partial time : 16h/week
- Starting date: 16-09-19
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 09 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/08/2019 (Reference: LA-XT).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu