Application Deadline: 05/05/2019
The Nanobioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Laboratory Technician position for electrochemistry with strong background in Sensors development.
The contract will be within the framework of a PRODUCTO project, whose objective is to develop a reliable implantable electrochemical sensor for minimum invasive in vivo monitoring based on pH, Oxygen and impedance sensors.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• To develop reliable miniaturised electrochemical sensor for minimum invasive in vivo monitoring (pH, Oxygen, bioimpedance, among others)
• To work with a dynamic interdisciplinary team of researchers in order to develop a trustworthy commercial diagnostic implantable device
• To do in vitro and in vivo experimentation.
• To write technical reports
• To have the initiative of proposing new ideas and solutions
Requirements for candidates:
• Required degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or similar
• PhD in Biotechnology or similar
• Hands-on experience in lab working on sensor development
• Have no inconvenient for working with in vivo experiments
• Good level of English. Spanish and Catalan will be an asset
• Experience in sensors, electrochemistry and desired in bioimpedance, microfluidics and statistics
• High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
• Excellent team working, initiative and problem – solving capabilities
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: Middle of May 2019
• Working conditions:
o Full time temporary contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 05/05/2019 (Reference: TC-MM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu