Application Deadline: 30/10/2018
The nanodevices group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Master Student to participate in a project on Biosensors for personalized biomedical diagnostics. The group develops low cost and portable sensors to non-invasively detect disease-related bio-analytes (proteins, amino acids, electrolytes, etc.) and help monitor the evolution of pathological conditions.
The student involved in this project will contribute to the fabrication and optimization of electrochemical and colorimetric biosensors aimed at monitoring a rare hereditary disease. A fully integrated sensing platform will be achieved by implementing the readout in smartphone-based technology.
Tasks and responsibilities:
-Design and fabrication of sensors
-Characterization by electrochemical, optical and microscopy techniques
-Optimization of working conditions
-Optical and electrochemical measurements to test sensors for the detection of disease biomarkers
-Sensor integration with smartphone technology
Requirements for candidates:
– Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Electrical engineering or similar
– Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: electrochemistry, microfabrication, bio-functionalizations,
electronics, mobile app development
– High level of English
– Critical approach, communication skills and high motivation for scientific research
– Excellent team working in an international multidisciplinary
– Possible stay within 2018-2019 (minimum 6 months, ideally 8-10 months). Start date in October or November
– Possibility to develop a Master Final Project (Treball Final de Màster).
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV with highlighted all competences and experience relevant for the project and also attach your full academic record with your marks to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/10/2018 indicating the Reference: MS-SS