Application Deadline: 10/02/2020
The The Molecular and Cellular Neurobiotechnology group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher to develop a research project on new strategies for the treatment of spinal cord injuries. The contract will be within the framework of Severo Ochoa program, whose objective is to promote excellence in the research institute.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Develop and lead a line of research within the group involving the identification of new therapies for the treatment of spinal cord injuries
- Use of in vivo models of axonal injuries
- Modelization of axotomy processes within specific microfluidic multicellular devices
- Functional, biochemical and histological evaluation of sensory and motor recovery as well as axonal regeneration
- Cellular and molecular characterization of mechanisms involved in the pathophysiology of the injury and their treatments
- Hight throughput analysis of the changes in the mechanisms involved, including, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics and metabolomics.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and PhD on any field of Biology, Biomedicine or Neurosciences.
- Previous experience in rodent surgery and behavioral analysis.
- Previous experience leading projects and/or lines of research
- Previous experience with bioinformatic analysis of deep sequencing and proteomics results is a plus
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 1st 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time 2-year Very competitive salary. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 10/02/2020 (Reference: PD-AH).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu