Application Deadline: 03/02/2019
The Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems (SPECS) group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Technical support to Research . The position is to support the research lines and projects of the SPECS-lab and its Robotics unit whose objectives are to understand and apply scientific principles of mind, brain and behavior to Neurorobotics, Human Robot Interaction and Social robotics.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will support research involving:
- Maintenance of technical infrastructure related to: humanoid robots, 3D printed robots, tangibles and multimodal spaces that include Virtual and Augmented Reality tools.
- Maintenance of software and tools, based on the specifications provided by the researchers.
- 3D design software and tools for 3D printing.
- support to researcher’s development of experimental configurations
- writing of documentation
- support in dissemination activities such as events and conferences.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on fields of Electronic Engineering or Robotics.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Math’s, Physics/Engineering, etc.) and/or knowledge of Electronics, Robotics, 3D printing, VR technologies.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of programming languages and platforms: C, C#, Python, Arduino.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 16th
- Working conditions:
- Full time, 1-year contract. Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before February 3rd (Reference: TC-PV).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu