Application Deadline: 20/06/2019
The Biomaterials for regenerative therapies group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is searching for a Technician position to work in in vivo models for biomaterial development. Research in the Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group is devoted to the development and knowledge transfer to industry and innovative biomaterials and scaffolds for tissue regeneration.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Organization of the laboratory animal facility.
• Designing and executing the in vivo experimental procedures regarding the projects of the group:
• Involving administration of different therapies and monitorization of tumours or cell populations with the group´s bioluminescence imaging platform.
• In vivo models for skin ulcers and biomaterial testing
• Biomaterial testing for bone formation and vascularization.
• Performing cell culture experiments.
• Executing basic protocols (PCR, Western Blot, IHC).
Requirements for candidates:
• Higher Technical Certificate in Laboratory Science.
• License on animal care and handling.
• Experience in biomaterials implantation and biological characterization.
• Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
• High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
• Good level of English.
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: July 2019
• Working conditions:
o Part-time temporal (1 year) contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20/06/2019 (Reference: TEC-EE).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu